Places to visit while here

Thursday, October 7, 2010

October Inspiration Pt. 2

After looking at this week's inspiration for a few days, I really wanted to try a new ruffled flower of some sort, so here goes!  I used the gorgeous pastel fabric from the September add-on:


Step one:  Using a long basting stitch, make an 8" folded fabric strip.

  


Step Two:  Pull the bottom thread to gather.


Option 1:  You can simply roll the flower up for a rosette-style flower.


Option 2:  Add misted lace and a pearled flower center to fancy it up, using the ruffled fabric/lace cupcake photos as inspiration!
(White pearl flower and lace trim from October kit, hint hint...misted with Glimmer Mist in Tuscan Sun, Cosmos, and Banana Pudding)


Ok, I've got my handmade flower-fix in for the week, heh...
Are you into custom/handmade embellishments?  If so, I'd love to hear about your latest favorite!

3 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. The crochet layers and pearl are perfect additions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! This is beautiful - seems super easy too! Gotta try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I can't wait to try one!!!

    ReplyDelete