Places to visit while here

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What inspires you?

Where do you look for inspiration for your pages?  I often find my inspiration in some unconventional places.  Do I read scrapbooking magazines?  Sure.  Surf the popular scrapbooking websites?  Absolutely.  But sometimes I find inspiration in the color scheme of a print ad in a magazine.  Or, it might be a logo or emblem on a piece of clothing.  Or a cute little mug I found at a discount store.  Then there are times that it is simply the photo itself.


I *love* this photo of my bestie and her daughter.  Is it a perfect picture?  Absolutely not.  It has some pretty severe shadows that I wish would magically disappear.  My love for this photo is more about its subject than its technical perfection.  It's the way that it helps me remember that one moment in time - and the warm, fuzzy feeling it evokes.  (I'll post the layout that I created around this picture tomorrow.)  

And, throughout the week, I'll be posting more little pieces of inspiration and the projects that they inspired.  Please feel free to share some of yours, too! 

*hugs*
Michelle 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously...do you WANT to make me cry??? :) I love this as much as I love you!! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete